To Report a Lost or Found Animal
To report a lost or found animal please call the shelter at 970-625-8808. We have a lost and found book and may have received a call about your pet. Hopefully have it safely at the shelter waiting for you. You may e-mail the shelter a flyer or picture of your lost of found pet. Our email address is linked in the box to the right. We will be happy to post it in our lobby and on our Facebook page.
If you have lost a pet, don’t give up! Canvas your neighborhood repeatedly, keep calling the shelters, contact vets, make flyers, put an ad in the paper, call radio stations…etc. Missing Pet Partnership has a website with really good ideas and advice for finding a lost pet. Click their link in the box on the right and check out the recovery section.
We usually only have animals found or picked up in the Rifle city limits. To the right are other agencies that we would suggest calling. It’s a very good idea to call all local shelters and report your pet missing. You never know where they might end up.
Make sure your pet ALWAYS has a collar on with ID tags. Microchipping also helps your pet get back to you. We offer low cost microchipping. Ask us!
If you have found an animal that you would like someone come and pick up, please call Dispatch at 970-625-8095. Unfortunately, the Rifle Animal Shelter is unable to come and pick up animals.
- Dispatch For Garfield County
- Colorado Animal Rescue (Garfield County and City of Glenwood Springs)
- Divide Creek Animal Hospital (Garfield County, Town of Parachute, and Town of Silt)
- New Castle Police Department (Town of New Castle)
- 970- 984-2302
- Parachute Police Department (Battlement Mesa or Parachute)
- Glenwood Spring Police Department
- Rifle Police Department
- Aspen Pitkin County Animal Shelter (City of Aspen and Pitkin County)
- Pitkin County Animal Safety
- (970) 920-5310
- Snowmass Village Animal Control
- (970) 923-5330
- Eagle County Animal Shelter
- Eagle County Animal Control (For Eagle area)
- 970) 328-3647;
(For Basalt area)