Foster a Pet
Many volunteers find fostering to be the most satisfying, direct way to help animals. In order to save the most lives possible, we run our shelter at full capacity. Increasing our foster network is the only thing we can do to increase the numbers of lives saved by our shelter. In addition, there is the heartfelt gratitude of the shelter staff ... and the animals! Please take a look at our foster home needs and let us know how you can help.
For more information or questions about fostering please contact Kalli at 970-625-8808 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may download our Foster Application here: Foster Application (Microsoft Word).
Kitten Foster Homes
Cat Foster Homes
Puppy Foster Homes
Dog Foster Homes
What are the Requirements to Become a Foster Volunteer?
- Our foster care volunteers come from all walks of life. No experience is necessary; we will train you. We’ll help you prepare, give you training and staff support, and provide you with all needed veterinary services for your foster “kids.”
- Must be 18 or older (anyone under 18 must have an adult supervisor)
- Have consent of your landlord
- Your own pets must have current vaccinations and be spayed/neutered
- Pass a required PACFA home inspection – (Pet Animal Care Facility Act )
- Be able to commit to fostering an animal for the length of time needed (minimum of 2 weeks)
- Have reliable transportation
- Be willing to transport foster animal to Rifle Animal Shelter for health checks and follow-up appointments
- Must complete and sign a Foster Care Agreement before acceptance as a foster caregiver.