Rifle Animal Shelter provides affordable spay and neuter procedures for pets in an effort to reduce pet overpopulation.
Why should you spay/neuter your pets? To keep your pets safe, happy, and healthy! This procedure helps prevent certain cancers and infections, avoids the high cost of caring for litters. It can help prevent bad behavior like running away from home to look for a mate, marking or spraying indoors and some aggression issues.
YOUR PET’S AGE AND VACCINATION HISTORY
- Animals must be a minimum of 8 weeks and no older than 5 years of age to be eligible for spay or neuter surgery.
- We highly recommend that puppies and kittens are vaccinated for Distemper and Parvo prior to surgery. Please bring your pet’s vaccination records with you at time of drop-off.
- We also highly recommend your adult animal be vaccinated prior to surgery. We can give vaccinations at the time of surgery for a fee. Please bring your pet’s vaccination records with you at time of drop-off.
YOUR PET’S HEALTH
- We are designed to accept healthy animals for surgeries. If your pet has any underlying health problems, the surgery should be performed at a full-service vet clinic.
- If your pet has been sick lately, it is better to reschedule the appointment than to have the surgery.
- If your pet is currently presenting with symptoms of illness or has been diagnosed with a contagious disease, please do not bring them to the Shelter. Instead, please visit your regular veterinarian.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Call 970-625-8808 to schedule your pet’s appointment.
- Male dog: under 30 lbs $90
- over 30 lbs $110
- Female dog: under 30 lbs$120
- over 30 lbs $150
- Male Cats: $50
- Female Cats: $75
- If your pet is an ADULT DOG or CAT, no food can be given after 10 pm the night before surgery.
- If your pet is a PUPPY or a KITTEN, no food can be given after 6 am the morning of surgery.
- Pets of any age may have water up until 7 am the morning of surgery.
- You will need to drop off your pet between 7:30 – 8:00 am. If you arrive past 8:30 am, you will be required to reschedule your appointment for another day.
- Pets will go home the same day by 5:00 pm.
- Your total fee is due when you pick up your pet.
- Please have your ID available at that time as well.